Saturday, February 26, 2022

Draft #1- Complete!

 Hello again! I'm back (after some brief radio silence) with some great progress on the opening! Moving forward, my blog posts should be more specific to certain topics, like music, storyboarding, and shooting, but for this blog post I wanted to lump in a bunch of progress I've achieved in the last few days!

    I took a few days from my previous daily posting through the week in order to work on creating my script (or at least a first draft) so that I can storyboard, cast, and start reaching out to people for favors to call in (for location shooting, borrowing some equipment, all of that). While this script may have some flaws in it, such as corny dialogue, which I absolutely despise writing, it helped me understand how much time is being taken up by the exchanges between characters in the opening, along with fleshing out how the story flows in real time, instead of just reading through it in bullet points that I have on my planning document.

How I feel after writing two scripts
in the span of one week
    It wasn't easy writing a script, this was my second time writing one ever (and my first time was just a few days ago), meaning that the process would likely be a drawn-out and arduous one. I think the most notable flaw in this script was the almost non-existent referencing to what shots and camera angles I would use while the dialogue is occurring. This is because I've only had experience writing scripts for theatrical plays, meaning that my script focused more on stage direction and dialogue than visualizing the shots in which the story takes place. However, my justification for this fluke is that I'll be planning out the shot types and the such in the storyboard I will be working on tomorrow, and that planning out the shots now would be redundant and draw from my time working on the story and dialogue.

    Additionally, I'm more used to writing in either strict prose or a more loose, poetic verse. Writing a script was like dealing with some bastardized mixture of the two, following tight conventions while also being much looser and naturally flowing than prose would. This was probably  the biggest obstacle I had in writing this script, since I had struggled with writing a script a few days prior to working on this one, and was still unsure if I was doing it right. However, in the end I felt comfortable calling it a day on this iteration of the script, as I know for a fact that I will eventually make a more polished version.

If you want to read the script yourself, here it is!

I'll see you next time, where I will be going over my storyboard of the opening!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Moved Blogs!

 Read my new blog here ! This blog will remain untouched and barren! Go to the new blog!