Sunday, April 3, 2022

CCR? More like Crazy Crunch Rush Time!

 It's been a long weekend. I'm exhausted with all of the work I've done today (I have been editing for about 8 hours) as well as yesterday (recorded about 60 minutes worth of monologuing). Though I've enjoyed this project over these past few weeks, I won't lie to you: I'm glad it's coming to a close. I've lost dozens of hours of sleep worrying about or working on this assignment, and it's about time that I get to rest without worrying about my opening or CCR.

    Though a lot of progress was made on Saturday, there isn't a lot to show for it. I recorded about 50 audio clips, each about a minute in length, as I've read over my script countless times in front of my camera. Though I wasn't keeping track, I think it took me roughly three hours to do everything.

    This process was largely facilitated by my planning for the CCR, which I had broken down into which question I was answering, which part of the script I was reading, and what the visuals for the segment were going to be. These four pages pictured to the right of this paragraph were my guidelines that I used to organize the recording process.

    I stayed up until about 4 in the morning ensuring that each take I chose was the right one, since with 180 takes, I could easily get mixed up.


However, nothing could've prepared me for what today had in store for me. I started work on editing the CCR together at 11 am, by just putting together the correct takes in the right order in a adobe Premiere file. By about 1 pm, I had achieved this, and had also downloaded all other clips and images that I planned on using as visual aides in the video.

    It all went downhill very soon after. I lost track of time. I worked in near complete darkness, eyes lit only by the bright light of the computer screen, and my ears only heard my own voice, endlessly. It took quite a few hours but I finally finished the CCR, though I think I just went through a new form of torture. I tried doing some math homework afterwards but my brain was so addled that I literally couldn't understand anything I read.

I'm blaming any future math failures on this CCR....

    Ignoring potential consequences on my grades, I managed to put everything in relatively good time, and despite crunching everything into only two days, I think that this was the best way to do it, since my vision for the end product was always fresh in my mind.

I've now uploaded it as a private video on YouTube. Clean Kill's Opening and the CCR drops tomorrow, so stay tuned on the blog for the final set of posts! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Moved Blogs!

 Read my new blog here ! This blog will remain untouched and barren! Go to the new blog!