Friday, March 11, 2022

Shooting Schedule!

 Hello again! I'm making this a very brief blog post because content-wise, I'll have lots to write about tomorrow, considering that I plan to have my first day of shooting the opening then. I have already mentioned my self-imposed footage deadline of next Thursday (March 17th), and have whittled down my shooting days to four meetups, max.

    The first group I plan to shoot with tomorrow consists of the actors for Martin and Danny, since the plan for tomorrow is to film the initial car conversation, and if all goes to plan, also include the bit about the suspicious fellow walking away from the parking lot, which is the catalyst for the murderer conversation that makes up the majority of the opening. However, this depends on my buddy Alex, who plans on shooting his own AICE Media opening tomorrow as well, and how available he is. Ideally, I'd only need to borrow him for a few minutes, since all he does is walk away from the camera, but I will only shoot with him if he is done/ taking a break from his own endeavors.

Depending on how much time we spend shooting the car conversation, we might be able to also squeeze in the bit at the gas station, which involves the two main actors conversing over a gas pump, only for Martin's gaze to trail off while watching the eventual Gas Station Victim enter the gas station. Shooting this portion of the opening will likely take the most time, so I'd want to gauge how much time we spend on the relatively simple car conversation before deciding if I set aside another day specifically for the gas station scene. I'd also have to pick up the actor for the victim to shoot here, meaning that it will be a busy few hours as I shoot. 

The second day of shooting that I've planned for is incidentally the first scene chronologically in the opening, where the Crypto Guy and Dog Girl walk past the car while its parked. It's a pretty simple scene to shoot, so I'll likely be doing it after school either Monday or Tuesday (depends on Martina's job schedule). The main issue with shooting this scene will be driving home to get a dog for Dog Girl, but ultimately I can't see this process taking more than an hour, taking into account time spent driving between school, home, and the shooting location.

The last day of shooting hasn't been determined, but it has been planned out extensively. During the afternoon hours, I will go with my actors and whichever of my friends will guard  the door for food to our local Dunkin' Donuts, my former place of employment. I have already gotten permission to shoot in their bathrooms from the ever-generous shift manager Sam, but just to make sure, I will pay another visit to them after shooting on Monday/Tuesday, just to make sure that they're still okay with it, and to schedule a time where they can lend us the bathroom, free of customer intervention. This will likely transpire on Wednesday/Thursday, which allows me to narrowly meet my own deadline of Thursday night.

Through the power of planning, I have now whittled down the time I need to spend shooting for the opening to a measly three days! Which leaves me with plenty of time to edit, reshoot (if necessary), and work out any other hiccups in the final product's quality. See you tomorrow for an exciting day of shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Moved Blogs!

 Read my new blog here ! This blog will remain untouched and barren! Go to the new blog!