Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Day 5 of Shooting Clean Kill: Finally.. Footage Finished...

 Hello! I'm typing this a little late at night, but I finally got the loose ends tied up from my list I mentioned in my last blog. These loose ends were a missing gas station scene, the murder scene, and Danny's late night car scene.

 I started off the day by going to my local grocery store and getting the materials needed for my fake blood mix, which I then put together after lunch (mixing corn syrup and red food dye) and put into a little bottle for easy transport and application. The mixing process is shown to the right.

    After getting my blood bottle, my filming equipment, and some cleaning supplies ready, I picked up my two actors and headed over to our Dunkin Donuts, which had already approved of our filming in their bathroom for a bit. The filming of the murder went surprisingly smoothly and quickly: my actors instantly knew what they had to do and aided me in setting up for the scene.


 We took a couple of different takes of the scene (one with no blood, one with blood, and one with A LOT of blood). I haven't compared the two last versions in detail yet so I can't choose which will be the official shot.

After filming the murder, we cleaned up the restroom, packed our gear, and bought some donuts to support our doughy benefactors, recharging after the shoot. We would later go to the same gas station that we had shot at a few days ago and shot the one scene that we had inadvertently skipped.

    Danny's late night car scene took place much later at night than I wanted it to be, but it got done. I met up with Cesar at around 11-11.30pm and parked by the gas station. Note for future consideration: filming at gas stations in the middle of the night- not a fun experience. We got it all done as fast as possible and parted ways, and when I got home, I collapsed from exhaustion after a busy day running around town shooting.

    And so, after waking up from my accidental nap, I'm writing this blog, realizing that 3 AM is not a reasonable time to be writing a blog, meaning this is probably a little shoddy compared to my other blogs. Nevertheless, now that I have my footage compiled, I plan on setting aside some time tomorrow to put it all in order and have a working (but non-edited / bland) version of my film put together before I leave on my family trip. Will update you guys on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Moved Blogs!

 Read my new blog here ! This blog will remain untouched and barren! Go to the new blog!