Saturday, February 12, 2022

Moving Forward..

     Hello again! I'm writing to let you know that the focus of this blog is transitioning from my music video project and moving on to the centerpiece of this blog: my film opening project. I'm thrilled to start brainstorming and researching in preparation for the production, and I'm ready to employ some lessons that I've learned from past experiences working on similar projects.

    While some lessons have been learned to avoid negative outcomes, others serve as reminders of what works well. Primarily, I have elected to work solo on this assignment, both to maintain full creative control on the product as well as to avoid butting heads with others during production, essentially having "too many chefs in the kitchen". Additionally, I am going to be meticulously planning out the process and details of the process ahead of time, in order to save me time when shooting and editing, and so I have a clear picture of what I want this film opening to look like. I want to have the entire process go over smoothly with no hitches along the way, leaving me room to adjust and fix any minor mistakes or changes I make as I progress in making the film.

While I have some vague ideas for what I want my film opening to be about, I'm still on the fence on a lot of the details I want to include. There are certain props and ideas I want to have as a part of the film, which are non-negotiable, but the way I tie these concepts together is still clouded in uncertainty. The way I'm going to tackle this issue is by extensively writing out everything I want as a part of the project: whether it be plot, characters, set design, music, costumes, shots, and other factors I haven't calculated yet, I want it all documented and saved, organized and stored through various folders and posting through this blog. For example, I want to make this a character-focused opening, but I haven't yet decided on the sort of character I want to introduce. However, one detail that I have nailed down is that they are obsessed with cleanliness. Whether I write the rest of the character around this trait, or if I end up having to manipulate the rules of whatever character I write to accommodate this trait, is still unknown.

However, this unorganized state of mind is not a sign of lacking enthusiasm for the assignment, but rather evidence for my overwhelming passion for the film. I have so many ideas, I just need to hold onto one and build around it. I'm very excited to start work, and what I lack in knowledge (at the moment at least) I shall make up for with enthusiasm!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Moved Blogs!

 Read my new blog here ! This blog will remain untouched and barren! Go to the new blog!